here

Wednesday, June 21, 2006


TV................



Since we moved into this house 5 years ago we haven't used our ageing video recorder to record anything. Why?..., because there's almost nothing on TV that is important enough to worry if you miss it. Anything that is good is released on DVD so you can then choose to rent it..We acquired a DVD recorder and I used it twice. So it's recorded some of the better bits of the Live 8 thing and The Church on the Commonwealth games..

Not been switched on since, and NOT LEFT IN STANDBY MODE EITHER!! ARGHHH!!!

Kids and TV... . Luckily my almost-3-year-old says "I don't like the adverts, they are just telling me to buy stuff I don't need". (am I a bad parent for planting that phrase in her little mind?) She does say "I want that" a bit, but doesn't get all upset when we say no. She's doing well, but we got a long way to go.

As I read on Kilbey's blog today (which prompted this rant..) Go read a book.

That said.. I still love Coronation Street.

Peace,

Richard

1 Comments:

Blogger fergal said...

hi, thanks for your comment on my blog a few weeks back.

i also taped the church song from the commonwealth games opening ceremony ... pity we barely saw the band, but i guess it's the only chance we'll get to see ballet dancers & motorbike riders do their thing as a backdrop to a live church performance (?) ...

cheers
~
fergal

1:03 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home