here

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

White Bread Black Beer














I HAVE to recommend a new CD to you.



Perfect pop, with an intellectual edge.
I just got White Bread, Black Beer by Scritti Politti. Lyrically it's interesting and well crafted and the music is beautiful. The VOICE however is just so .. er... er..heart wrenchingly gorgeous. Green Gartside made this record in his house in Hackney, yet it sounds like Trevor Horn spent months and millions on it . (without it having that over-polished sound he sometimes produces.. though his work on Dear Catastrophe Waitress by Belle an Sebastian was perfect.. am I rambling..?)
Anyway, if anyone buys it and is disappointed, well.... I'll buy the CD back from them to give to someone else. (this offer applies to the first 2 people to contact me with genuine grievances about my recommendation! :-) )
Peace,
Richard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home